Thursday, September 10, 2009

Acrobatics

Just had a wonderful movement class! We're working on the fundamentals of acrobatics, and I'm enjoying it so much. I'd say balance and agility are the most important aspects of the stuff we've been working on. And I'm getting the hang of it! But grace and elegance--totally lacking. When Claudia (the teacher) does any sort of move, it looks like the epitome of grace. The rest of us stumble around and kinda do the motions, but we're in such beginning stages. Today we worked on two kinds of headstands, backwards shoulder rolls, and rolling over a partner. Doesn't sound too tricky, but there's a right progression for everything and its all so specific. By the end of the class, I'll be able to do a headstand so easily, and hopefully a lot of other cool stuff also! I just think it is SO cool that I'm in this class right now! Acrobatics was never even a consideration of something I'd be interested in pursuing (and still isn't really), but its so cool being exposed to it.

This is a video of some of Claudia's work, and our movement classroom. She's pretty fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H1JGm0T9RU

No comments:

Post a Comment