Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Domani!

So I probably heard the phrase "study abroad" for the first time when I was 5 years old, and since then the idea has enchanted me. Live in another country for a whole semester?! Sign me up today! For a 5 year old, the idea was impossible to fully comprehend and so far in the distance.

And now, with my plane to Italy leaving at 5:45 tomorrow night, the idea is only a bit more fully comprehended and seems only a bit closer. I have no idea how this adventure will play out, but here it goes...!

I cannot believe that day has finally arrived. I want to use a hundred exclamation points and tell everyone I know that tomorrow I'm going to Italy to act and speak Italian and discover another way of living!!!!! But even though I may not believe the day is finally here, I am so ready mentally (I mean, I've had years and years to prepare...) to be on my own and experience something completely new. Lets hope my Italian skills hold up and improve!

I will be studying theater--more specifically Commedia dell'Arte--at the Accademia dell'Arte in Arezzo. Arezzo is a town of 90,000 in Tuscany. Commedia dell'Arte is an improvisatory, masked form of theater thats been happening in the streets of Italy since the 16th century. More on all that later!


There it is, to the southeast of Florence. Expect lots of pictures (many of food), and lets hope I can keep this up.

See you all in December!
Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. hi babe. i'm such a niave blogger-person. do you know if there is any way for me to subscribe to your blog by getting email updates? see you tonight i hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LANNI!! you are a silly blogger.

    ReplyDelete